Sunday, July 02, 2006

Ethan Green

I just got back from seeing The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green (thank God for copy-and-paste) at the Lumiere theatre in San Francisco. I would write a review, except that the review would be pretty much the same as my review last April of Adam and Steve.

Unfortunately, the only place where it was playing was in San Francisco, so some friends of mine drove up to see it and have dinner afterwards at Home. It wasn't really worth it to drive to the City just to see the movie, but making an evening of it with friends made it worth it.

We used to get more gay movies down here in the South Bay. There was a theatre called the Towne that gay movies would always show up at. I saw Jeffery, Beautiful Thing, The Broken Hearts Club and a whole host of other gay movies there over the years. Unfortunately (for me), three years ago it was sold and now shows Bollywood movies exclusively.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...

Le Boo on the Towne! I know what you mean about not wanting to drive up to the city just to see a movie...guess now we have to unless Camera steps up and gets more gay films. Sigh.

2:21 PM

 
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I'm sorry, but Bollywood almost qualifies as gay to me. They only seem to have one plot. It's one size fits all.

11:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the towne Theater, over by the watergarden right ( not that I know where the water garden is ). With the lil "gay coffee shop on the corner ( is that still there ?)

5:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home