Sunday, June 25, 2006

SF Pride

Wow, what a weekend. I started with D*Face, which I enjoyed a lot. I've got to to keep a eye on its author/performer, Michael Phillis.

On Saturday, I met up with the members of the 2006 great gay blogger round-up:
Adam, Atari_Age, Chad, Dan, Darin, Daryl, J.R., Jeff, Kalvin, Kelly, and Rey. I also met various friends and partners of the aforementioned bloggers.

It was really cool meeting in person all these folks that I've only read about and heard for the last year or so. And given the reactions, I think I made a wise choice in my evening apparel.

My favorite line of the evening: "Boy, you really are big!" Received, in various forms, from a variety of people. Truth in adverising, folks. Truth in advertising ;-)

Sunday I met up with a subset of the bloggers and watched the parade for a while. Just as they tired of it, another set of friends arrived, so I bid the bloggers adieu and watched another hour of the parade. Unlike previous years, they kept the parade well-organized. 188 floats, done in three hours, with virtually gaps between floats (I think the longest gap I saw was 3-4 minutes, and there was only one of those).

After it ended we went to the festival for a few hours, then finished with dinner at Fuzio. I bid my friends farewell, took in the Castro for a bit, then headed home myself. Unfortunately I had to miss the end-of-pride blogger send-off tentatively planned for about 10:00 this evening (as I write this) in the Castro; such is the price of living outside of the City.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rey Rey said...

It was sooooo great to meet ya, Big Red Dave! And yes, your namesake really fits! Got lots of pics comin' on my blog, especially the one where I asked you to bend down a bit so you could get down to Darin and Daryl's height... Otherwise, I'd just get their eyes at the bottom of the photo and your chin at the top.

10:49 AM

 
Blogger Darin said...

BIG DAVE!!! It was UBER cool to meet you at the party! What a gentleman you are - a giant amongst men. Literally! I mean that!!!!

9:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home