Thursday, June 22, 2006

D*Face, or The Play By the Coat-Check Guy at Badlands


A few weeks ago I was in San Francisco when I saw the above poster. The face looked a little familiar, but it wasn't until a friend of mine pointed to it and said "that's the coat-check guy from the Badlands" that I recognized him.

Whatever other sins the Badlands may be guilty of, one thing I've always liked about it is their coat-check guy, Michael. I've can't really say that I know him per se (being at the head of the coat-check line at the Badlands doesn't leave a lot of time for idle chatter), but he's always been nice, and never demonstrated the attitude that pervades just about everyone else there.

Michael's show is called D*Face (I'll let you guess what the "D*" stands for). It's a one-man show, and it's playing at the New Conservatory Theatre in San Francisco. His website describes it as

...a whirlwind tour through personal and universal events from grade-school to graduation...

I'm going Friday night. Not a bad way to kick off the Pride weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home