Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Brief Interlude

My life has been pretty busy for what seems like forever. Between work, filming, my reading, auditions for the New Works Festival, playwriting class, plays, San Jose Pride, San Francisco Pride, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and my parents' cat, I've been doing a lot of running around.

Just last night I submitted a ten-page play of mine to a contest run by a theatre group in nearby Santa Cruz. It involved printing and binding five copies of the play, bundling all that into an manilla folder, and then going to the post office to weigh it, buy the $4.20 in postage and send it off. I also baked lemon bars for this quarter's playwrighting class final, which is tonight. And I squeezed in an hour of gay volleyball.

Whew!

And on Thursday I have...

Nothing.

I'm taking Friday off of work, making this weekend a five-day weekend. I've got a BBQ on the Fourth and a movie in the San Francisco on the second, but other than that, I have nothing to do.

It will be nice.

(Until I start getting antsy, which will happen at about 4:00 Friday afternoon. At which point I'll continue my revision of Swimming the River).

And then, on Wednesday, July 5, rehearsals for the New Works festival begin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...

Um...oh my god Dave! How the hell do you find the time to do all that? Damn!

Well if ya are in need of caffine the shop I work at opens Mon-Fri at 6:30am :)

Damn but you make my life sound like I'm sleeping 24/7!

2:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home