Wednesday, June 21, 2006

We Have a Cast! (I Hope)

We had our second round of auditions last night. We're not doing callbacks, so after the audition we (the directors, authors and producer) gathered into a room and decided whom to cast.

This production consists of six plays, each of which has 2-5 people. For practical reasons the producer put a limit of two plays per actor, so the directors needed to negotiate over who would be in what play. There was one person whom four directors wanted, and 2-3 whom three directors wanted. The good news is that my director and I got all of our first choices for Community Property, so I'm really happy. There's still an issue about whether they'll accept (one of them has unresolved schedule issues, and another asked to be considered only for specific roles, and the role in my play isn't one of them). I should know for sure by the end of the week.

BTW, it's true what Faustus said about actors being good yet not right for a role. One of the best actors at the audition didn't get cast in anything, because he wasn't right for any role.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I don't think I could ever be a producer. I'd hit on every good looking actor that came through the door. I know I couldn't resist it.

9:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home