Saturday, February 17, 2007

Spring is Coming

A couple of weeks ago, we had a brief warm spell here in California. Warm enough for me to put the top down on my car as I drove to a superbowl party. And after a couple of weeks of cold and rain, today is another warm day. Again I'm driving around with the top down.

But it feels different.

I don't know exactly why. Something in the air. Maybe a faint odor of pollen or chlorophyll that I can only sense subconsciously. But two weeks ago, what we had was a warm day in winter. Today, what we have feels like the very first sign of spring.

It's a good day.

Brought to you from the Bad Ass Coffee shop, in Santa Cruz, CA, where it's 77 degrees.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alan Bennett Ilagan said...

I am so jealous! I can't seem to find Spring in the air through the two feet of snow on the ground... Send some Spring this way!

8:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY we have bad ass coffee here on Maui too,

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home