Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up

Well, my stitches are out: I just got them out this morning. My finger is still somewhat sore, and there's a small numb patch on the outside of the finger (which should recover, mostly, over the course of a few months). But other than that, it's fine.

I had a pretty low-key weekend. Atari_Age was in town for the weekend and on Friday night we got to hang out and bar-hop, which is always fun.

I didn't do much on Saturday and Sunday. Mostly housework, errands, and some writing for my latest play. I also spent time configuring a new Mac Pro I got last week (it's nice to work for a company large enough to hand out year-end bonuses). Getting the contents of my PowerBook to the new computer was easy enough (Apple makes it very easy, of course). But I'm going to use this machine as a replacement for my PC as well as a supplement to my PowerBook, so I was setting things up so that I could run Windows on the Mac (for the few Windows programs I still need to run).

On Sunday I downloaded and watched the first episode of Star Trek New Voyages, a fan-based continuation of the original Star Trek, with a re-cast Kirk, Spock, McCoy, etc. It's pretty good for a non-professional production.

Finally, I saw Children of Men on Sunday night. It's an excellent film, though depressing and pretty violent. The cinematography is astounding: there were a number of very complicated scenes that were all edited to look like they were done in a single take (and one long scene that was, apparently, done in a single take). I've never before had an opinion on which film should win the Oscar for best cinematography, but now I'm rooting for Children of Men

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Skybar said...

I am a trekky, but I didn't know about this new series. Although I kind of miss the Next Generation myself. Your weekend sounded prety relaxing. I need one of those weekends.

6:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home