Saturday, January 27, 2007

Staying home tonight

On Thursday, I was walking home from work, and had reached an intersection about five minutes from home. I was standing there, waiting for the light to change, when I heard a crunch. I turned around and saw that an SUV had hit a bicyclist. She didn't look too badly injured, and fortunately there's a fire station just down the street, so within five minutes there were professionals on the scene looking after her.

Fast forward to Friday night. I'm heading up to San Francisco to have dinner with my friend J.B. I'm at Cesar Chavez, coming up on Folsom, when I hear a "crunch" and see a bicycle spinning through the air, about ten feet off the ground. Yup, it happened again. This time it looked worse, so I drove through quickly without more than a quick glance.

Tonight I'm staying at home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimmi said...

Just makes you not want to drive your bike huh?

Wow that is harsh!

10:14 PM

 
Blogger Jeff Skybar said...

Cyclists should know better. Make way for the cars! I'm just kidding.

6:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! That would freak me out too.

11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home