Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Squirrel Update

Last October, I wrote about some aggressive squirrels at a local park here in Mountain View. Now, after months of debate, I'm happy to report that the city has settled on a solution. Apparently there are only five of these aggressive squirrels, so the city will trap them, take them away, and euthanize them with chloroform gas (as opposed to killing them with squirrel-crushing traps, which was the original plan).

My favorite part of the article is in the second-to-last paragraph:

No such attacks have been reported anywhere else in the city — or, for that matter, anywhere else in any city.

In other words, Mountain View has the most aggressive squirrels in the known world.

Maybe I should lock myself in my house until these squirrels have been dealt with. Just in case.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rian said...

Jesus! Take care! ;-)

I've been attacked by a squirrel in New York City once. I had a donut in my hand and the squirrel wanted it as well.

I was surprised because our squirrels here in Germany are very, very shy creatures. Seeing one (which is most likely on the run) is like hitting the jackpot at the lottery.

I can't believe your city is full of those fierce bastards. Be careful!

9:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home