Friday, June 09, 2006

Pride


This picture is from Kelly's Blog, from a challenge he posted on June 1, the start of gay pride month.

This Sunday, June 11, I will be marching in the San Jose Gay Pride parade with the Rainbow Rec contingent.

Despite being out since 1994, this will be the first time I will march in a gay pride parade. The last time I considered marching in a pride parade was 1996, but my grandmother died less than a week before and I was still on the airplane flying home that Sunday morning. For some reason, I haven't given much thought to marching in one since, but when a friend at Rainbow Rec asked if I'd be willing to march this Sunday, I said yes.

He also got me to agree to man the Rainbow Rec booth at the post-parade festival for an hour. So I'll be there from 3:00-4:00. Or is it 2:00-3:00? Damn, I'd better check...

1 Comments:

Blogger DanNation said...

It's great that you're marching...I will be doing so in the SF Pride parade with Gavin Newsome - it will be the first time I march in a parade.

11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home