Saturday, February 18, 2006

My Fabulous Friday Night

No filming this week. It was cancelled because of the threat of rain (we can't film outside if it's raining). Since I didn't need to drive to the Sierra foothills at 8:00 am, I could sleep in. Which means I could go up to San Francisco for the first time in a month if I wanted. But after giving it some thought,

I decided not to.

So instead, I decided to stay in and assemble my new kitchen cart:


The cart had to be pre-certified by my cat Meiling.

I read the instructions.
I get everything unpacked.

Started assembling...

Holy crap! Jamie Bamber!

So I take a break, watch a little Battlestar Galactica, and then continue to assemble.

But apparently the Pegasus was staffed by Steven Underhill.

At this point, I realized that I need to soak these rods in Goo Gone to get the stickers off. They need to soak for a while, say to the end of BSG.

After BSG was done and the rods were de-gooed, I continued.

At the end of the evening, I had one big mess, one mostly-finished drawer (the kit was missing two wood screws)...

And one finished cart (minus the aforementioned drawer).

1 Comments:

Blogger illan said...

Well, that's one hell of an evening!

I'm totally empathized here, with my experience with Ikea furniture (including the missing screws...)

6:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home