Sunday, February 05, 2006

First weekend done

I'm back from my first weekend of filming of The Valley of Fear. I carpooled up on Saturday, arriving at CW's house in O'Neals, CA at about noon. We all had lunch, tried on costumes, had some rehearsals, and then had an early dinner before shooting started at 5:30. I was in only two scenes, and they didn't get to filming them until 11:00 or so. So other than my scenes, and an hour spent watching the filming of other scenes, I spent most of the evening inside.

Filming didn't stop until 2:00am.

Today I had no scenes, but one of the people I carpooled with had scenes to film in the afternoon, so I stayed until about 4:00. I spent the afternoon hanging out, editing The Arrival, and playing with several the various dogs in attendence at the shoot.

It was a lot of fun. In fact, it was probably one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. I spent it hanging out with people I like, accomplishing something significant. Four years ago, when I got back into acting (by taking an introductory acting class at Foothill College), one of the reasons I did was that I had many fond memories of acting in student films in college. I loved working with my friends on creating something that both we and other people would later enjoy so much.

It's good to feel that way again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home