Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Where's George?

This past weekend I was paid for my work on The Valley Of Fear:

That's it! I'll get a percentage of profit on the film, if it ever makes a profit, but my up-front salary is $1.

This is the first time I've been paid for acting in a film. Rather than save the above dollar as a memento, I've decided to do something I haven't done in a while: enter it in the Where's George? database.

The theory behind Where's George is that when someone gets a U.S. note, they enter its serial number into the Where's George database, and then write or stamp the website address on the bill. The theory is that when someone else gets it, they'll go to the website, enter the serial number, and you (and W.G.) will know how the bill has moved through the state (or country).

I was very much into this for about six months in 2002 (I even got a rubber stamp with "www.wheresgeorge.com"), but once the novelty wore off, it became a chore to mark all my money and enter it into the database. If I find a bill with the Where's George website address, I'll enter it, but generally I don't mark unmarked bills.

In this case, however, I'm making an exception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home