Friday, January 20, 2006

Work

Today is my last day at my job.

Work is one of the things I'm generally not willing to blog about. I don't want to get in trouble at work over what I write here. But since this job change is the biggest thing in my life right now, I figure it deserves at least a mention. I'm not to describe why I'm leaving, or where I'm going, but suffice it to say that it's a good move for me for a variety of reasons.

I will say that I'm not second-guessing myself as much as I thought I would. This is the first time in eight years that I've actually quit a job (I was at my last job for five years, until they went bankrupt), so I wasn't sure what to expect. But it turned out that giving notice was the hardest part. The last two weeks have been remarkably stress-free, and I feel like I'm leaving on good terms with just about everyone here (the doughnuts I brought in this morning can only help).

I start my new job on Monday. Everyone asks if I'm taking time off between jobs, but I like to start new jobs right away, so I don't spend a week or two worrying about the new job. Besides, some time ago I quit a job on a Tuesday and started the new job the next day (they really wanted me right away). A weekend is long enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home