Wednesday, May 23, 2007

One Week to Go!

One week from today, I'll be in Orlando for Gay Days 2007.

(Oh dear God almighty, do I need a vacation)

I've been there before, but not in a while. After going in '01 and '02, I decided I didn't need to go again right away, but "right away" stretched into five years.

(That seems to be happening more and more as I get older)

I'm going to be staying at the Grosvenor Hotel. I haven't been there before; it was a choice of some friends of mine who had already started planning the trip by the time I decided to go. Recently I was looking up some information on the hotel, and came across the reviews. Such as this one:

The room itself was dirty and there was black mold growing on the shower curtain.


Oh. Well, I'm sure that's just one person's bad experience, right?


Everything was going fine till we were awoken at 7:45 AM by the sound of drills and hammers.


Okay, I guess I'll have to bring earplugs. Still, how bad could it really be?


We got our keys, anxiously awaiting to get a look at our rooms, headed for 2 rooms in the 300's, opened the door and....we were met with a horrible stinch and an unclean room. The beds were made and the trash had been taken out, but the bathroom toilet had a ring around it, the stainless steel water spout was filthy, the floors seemed like they had not been mopped. The carpet was teriibly dirty with stains, along with some nasty finger prints on the walls. My husband pulled back the covers on the bed and the velour blanket had a big burn hole in it.


Hmmmm...

Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure your trip will be fine. Speaking from someone who works in the Hotel/Resort field, I will tell you this,alot of those "complaints" are just to see what the Hotel /Resort is going to "give them" in way of compensation.Some people go into a room just looking for something to be wrong with it. It is amazing to me how many people try really hard to make themselves miserable while on vacation.I hope you have a blast on your trip !!!

11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home