Friday, April 13, 2007

Validation

I got a phone call this afternoon from City Lights Theatre Company in downtown San Jose. They want to do a reading of the first full-length play I wrote. Called The Offsite, it's an office comedy: four people are sent to the world's worst team building workshop.

The reading is August 7 in downtown San Jose. And you all are, of course, invited.

What makes this reading really special is that it's the first time a piece of my writing has been accepted for any sort of performance, reading, award, etc. outside of Foothill College, or my circle of friends. This is not to say that the short plays of mine that Foothill has produced, or the reading they did last year were done just because I'm a student there. Plenty of other students have not gotten their works produced. Nevertheless, it really feels good to have had my work judged and found worthy by someone whom I've never met.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rian said...

Wow, that's exciting. Congrats!
I would love to come to watch the reading, alas I'm on the other side of the globe.

2:25 AM

 
Blogger Jimmi said...

That's awesome Dave! I wish I could be there!

1:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home