Sunday, April 15, 2007

Squirrel Update II

Here's an update on the out-of-control squirrels here in Mountain View that I wrote about in October and again in February.

All of the squirrels have now been trapped and euthanized, thanks to the use of, I kid you not, a decoy baby stroller.

However, the parents of the child who was attacked last year are now suing the City. Apparently the child has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. They are asking for $150,000 to cover the cost of medical and therapy bills. Just for fun, I googled and discovered that the price of a rabies immunoglobulin series is about $2,500. The remaining $147,500 would cover (at one $200 session per week, every week), over fourteen years of therapy.

As I've said before, we've got some vicious squirrels here in Mountain View.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

My Gawd, and they unerringly go for the weakest of the herd.
Squirrels from hell. That's a script premise.

10:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home