Thursday, December 07, 2006

Talk to the Hand

Recently my neighborhood supermarket moved into a new space. It's twice as big as its old space, and about 100 times as nice. The whole store feels like its taken a couple of steps upscale. There are fancy cheeses that weren't in the old store. There's a real bakery. It's a great improvement.

However, I think this whole upscale thing has started to go their heads. Tonight, for example, I was shopping there and came across this freaky thing:


It turns out that this is a "Buddha's Hand". According to Wikipedia, it is used by people in China and Japan "for perfuming rooms and personal items, such as clothing."

How nice. I can see it now. Green tea. Kimonos. Some Zen meditation. All assisted by a citrus aroma gently flowing from a cut Buddha's Hand.

And then I noticed the price:



I guess that if you can see the price and remain unperturbed, you know you've achieved enlightenment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home