Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving

Well, I'm back from Nashville.

It turned out to be a great experience. I have very little extended family, and the trip made me (and the rest of my immediate family) realize how much more we should be visiting the family we have. I could see us going back there every other year or so to visit.

Speaking of family, one of the best parts of the trip (for me), was going through the old photographs that my uncle has and hearing various bits of family lore. I came back with a stack of photographs which I'm going to scan. I did the first one tonight:


I have no idea who the guy on the left is. But that's my great-grandfather on the right. Born 1883. Died 1965. I would guess that the picture (a 2.5"x3.5" tintype) was taken sometime around 1900.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh I LOVE vintage pics!! I always wonder who was secretly gay in them. Is that morbid? Everybody always looks so better looking back then, I think. Maybe just cleaner cuts and a cleaner more conservative look.

10:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home