Monday, October 23, 2006

Stress

My plan for what to do next with Swimming the River went as follows:

  1. Take a few new pieces of it to playwriting class for a reading (which I did last Wednesday)
  2. Do some revisions
  3. Consult the latest Dramatists Sourcebook for a list of contests to send it to
  4. Enter said contests

Well, the Sourcebook (a thick guide on places one can send new works) was supposed to come out on September 1. I pre-ordered it from Amazon last June.

It came out last Friday, seven weeks behind schedule, and arrived today.

So I sat down this evening looking through it for contests. I'd say I could enter maybe 5% of the contests (most are too specific about what they want: works from Latino writers, works from Southern writers, translations from the Scandinavian language of my choice, etc.). I found three contests that look quite promising.

They all have deadlines of Oct. 31 or Nov. 1.

So now I have a week to incorporate the comments I got in class last week, print out a number of copies of this (126 page) play and send them off.

There's also a 10-page play contest that I want to enter, again with a deadline of Nov. 1. I think I'll send my play about blogging, Apocalypse Habit to that one (I've got to do something with that play before blogging becomes passe).

Oh, and in the middle of all this, I'm flying off to Vegas for a few days this week for a company offsite. Yay, Vegas (I guess).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home