Monday, September 25, 2006

The Premiere

On Saturday, almost eight months after we started filming, The Valley Of Fear premiered at the MET Cinema in Oakhurst, CA. I drove up for the day.

(Yup, it's along way to Oakhurst from Mountain View)

The cast, crew and friends had lunch at a local restaurant, saw the movie, and then had a party at the director/author's home. Two friends of mine drove from the Bay Area to see it, and my sister drove up from L.A.

I am really happy with how it turned out. Many ultra low-budget independent film producers make movies with terrible acting, no coherent story, etc. You can definitely tell that The Valley of Fear was made on a budget, but we've got good acting and a good, funny story that engages the audience. Everyone I talked to really enjoyed it.

And I'm happy with my acting. There are a couple of scenes I wish I could do over, but in general I think I did a pretty good job.

The producer will be shopping it around to various film festivals. The hope is that a distributor will want to pick it up. We're all hoping it becomes a camp classic, but even to get a distribution deal would be a tremendous accomplishment. I don't know what the odds of that happening are, but it certainly seems to me to be within the realm of possibility. I'll keep you posted.

As for me, while I'm excited to see what will happen with it, I'm sad that the production is over. I had a lot of fun making this movie, and hope I get the chance to do something like this again.

(And yes, the first paragraph of the newspaper article is referring to me)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So cool! Yay for you.

3:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home