Sunday, May 14, 2006

Southern Decadence

This weekend I booked my hotel and airplane ticket for my trip to New Orleans for Southern Decadence. I went to New Orleans for the first time for Mardi Gras, 2005, and thought at the time that I would like to go back for S.D. in the fall of 2006. Then Katrina hit and I wasn't sure if there would be a New Orleans to go back to.

But the French Quarter was spared, and S.D. is on. I'm not sure what it will be like this year. I'm not sure how many people will be going; it usually draws between 100,000 and 300,000 (though if, say, only 25,000 show up it will still be a hell of a party).

One thing I will do while I'm there: take a tour of the hurricane damage. Some might call these tours tasteless, but I think it's my duty as an American to see what has happened there.

1 Comments:

Blogger DanNation said...

I'm envious...you should check it out, as well as the article about Katrina in the current Vanity Fair with Anderson Cooper on the cover...there is a great article about the mess that came from Katrina..

12:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home