Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Next Project

Good news! I just got a notice that Foothill College will be producing my one-act play, Community Property, as part of their New Works Festival this summer. I had two short plays produced in last year's festival, and it was a lot of fun, so I'm really looking forward to this.

This year, the New Works Festival has a theme. The works are based on the San Jose Tech Museum Tech Awards. The Tech asked for an evening of new works, i.e. six fifteen-minute plays, each one of which is based, in some way, on an award winner. After they are produced at Foothill, they will be produced professionally by the Tech, though I'll admit to being a bit hazy on what that means right now. They've talked about sending it to area schools as a touring show, and I suspect they may be shown as part of this year's Tech Awards ceremony

Rehearsals start in July, and the plays themselves go up in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home