Saturday, March 18, 2006

Shoreline Panoramas

For some reason, a few years ago this little hill was created near Shoreline Park in Mountain View. It is across the street from Shoreline Amphitheatre. I assume it was made from dirt that was dug up as part of some construction project.

Today, since it was nice out (finally!), I walked up to the top of this hill and shot some panoramas. These are QuickTime VR panoramas, which means they are 360° panoramas that require QuickTime to display. They are also both about 1.25MB in size, so rather than display them in-line, I will give you links to click on:

North shot

South shot

I take these panoramas as a sequence of overlapping images and "stitch" them together using a piece of software called The Panorama Factory. If two adjacent images are very different, it can cause problems for the stitching software. I took the south shot first, but there were several trees and bushes around that spot that were blowing in the wind, which I thought would cause problems. So I took the north shot just in case. Fortunately, the south shot turned out as well.

These two images have "hotspots" which allow you to "travel" from one to the other. I'll let you figure out where they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home