Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar Wrap-Up

I had a few friends over for the Academy Awards last night. I never watched the award shows until I bought my townhouse in 1999. Among my friends, I was the first with a good-sized living room and a large TV, so someone suggested we watch the Oscars at my place. I've done it every year since.

(Now, of course, several of my friends have upgraded to large flat-panel TVs, so I'm no longer leading in the, ahem, size category).

Last night was nice. Good friends. Lots of food (pizza, cheese and crackers, home-made bread and lemon bars, a little raspberry cake and some Koo-Ki Sushi) and a goodly amount of wine. I threw a some logs on the fireplace (it was cold, windy and rainy last night), and it made for a very nice evening.

Plus now my house is clean. I really need to throw more parties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home