Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ahhhh.....


It's pretty rare that an election goes pretty much like I would hope. But this is one of those elections.

And it's not just the results in the House (or the Senate). Arizona defeated its gay marriage ban. South Dakota defeated its abortion ban. And Missouri has voted in support of stem cell research.

Here in California, Arnold won. While I didn't vote for him, I can live with him (once he stopped thinking of running for President, he stopped being a crazy Republican and returned to being a sane, moderate Republican). Crazy Republican Tom McClintock has lost his race for Lt. Governor, which is the one I care about.

Most of the ballot measures I cared about came out like I wanted. The bonds to pay for maintenance and upgrades on the state's infrastructure all passed. The one to restrict eminent domain and zoning failed.

I haven't felt this good about an election since 1992. I just pray that I won't have to wait until 2020 to feel this good again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home