Monday, February 04, 2008

At the Obama Rally

Last night, for the first time in my life, I went to a political rally. Michelle Obama spoke at the student union at San Jose State University.

I'm still processing the event. The general message was that life has been getting progressively more difficult over the decades. Which is something I agree with (that worker salaries have not kept up with improvements in worker productivity galls me in particular). What I did not hear is how, precisely, Obama intends to remedy this. However, merely by acknowledging this as a problem is an important step.

Anyway, I brought my camera, with the zoom lens attached (and was mistaken for a member of the press only once), so here are some pictures.

First, Kamela Harris (District Attorney for San Francisco) spoke:



Then Congresswoman Anna Eshoo (who represents the district I live in):


Then finally Michelle Obama. At one point she got a child who was in the crowd behind her to come up to the podium.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmi said...

I have to say I am not quite on board with Obama, but if it comes down to him and another Republican I will vote for him. I am all the way for Hillary.

2:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home