Friday, January 18, 2008

So...

You may have noticed I took a little vacation from blogging. Not for any real reason, such as receiving threatening comments, or even worse, having my parents receive threatening calls (both of which, I've recently discovered, some bloggers have experienced).

I guess I just needed a break. Plus, I find that if I don't write, pretty soon bloggable life events start to pile up. And then I feel like I can't blog unless I cover everything. Which of course becomes more and more difficult. Until, all of a sudden, months have passed.

So, a short recap of some of the highlights from the last three months:

1. I've been writing a Christmas play. City Lights theatre in San Jose has put out a call to student playwrights for Christmas plays, so I'm giving it a go. Act I is pretty good. Act II needs some serious revision, but nothing I can't finish by the deadline (February 15).
2. I went to Hawaii during the last week of November. It was my first time there, and I can see why people like it.
3. I got glasses. For the first time. Ever (I'm 36). I don't really need them (yet); they're more for when I get eyestrain while reading or using a computer. Still...
4. I'm planning a vacation to Australia. In the spirit of Nick Natoma's travel blog, I hope to do some vacation blogging on a separate site. I leave on February 16th and will be there for the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras (which is on March 1, not on the actual Mardi Gras, which this year is February 5).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home