Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Theatre Stuff Update

Well, my reading of The Offsite last week went very well. We had about 28 people, nearly all of whom stayed for the post-reading discussion. I got a lot of good comments, and I've got ideas on where to take the play next.

The only issue is the ending. A short summary of the play is: four people going through the world's craziest team-building seminar discover its all a sham, and have to figure out a way to blackmail the seminar leader in order to save their jobs. Ironically, they end up a much better team at the end. The question is: what really should be going on behind the scenes? There are three possibilities:

1. The "sham" business is, itself, just a scheme to build these people into a team (and it works).
2. The workshop really is a sham.
3. It's ambiguous.

I originally went with #1, switched it to #2, but got a number of people who told me they would have preferred #1 (except for my parents, who felt the ending was ambiguous and liked it that way).

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. Maybe I need to think up a #4.

My other theatre project, the New Works Festival, opened last Friday as well. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Unfortunately, it only runs for two weekends, which means it closes on Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I vote for ambiguous, but the newly developed team develops the sham into a real project, starting their own business.

7:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home