Monday, July 31, 2006

Keep on Running

This is a big week in my running program. In the first four weeks of the Couch to 5K program, the pattern is to mix periods of jogging and walking, with the jogging periods increasing. Last week I ran the most I have so far, 5 minutes at a time, in a 3/5/3/5 pattern. This week it's:
5/5/5
8/8
20
The most I've ever run is 1.6 miles, during gym class in high school, and that was only a few times. Weekly mile runs were more common. Twenty minutes is about two miles, so this will be the longest I've jogged in my life.

Next week it will be a similar pattern, but ending at twenty-five minutes. After that, it cranks up a few minutes a week until I hit 30 minutes.

I think I've seen one benefit already: I was at the doctor last week, and found that my blood pressure was lower than it has been in quite a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home