Friday, June 02, 2006

It's Magic!

Last night, I sent a play of mine, The Offsite, off to Magic Theatre in San Francisco. The Offsite is my first full-length play (Swimming the River is my second). Quite frankly, I think getting it accepted at Magic is a real long shot, but after reading it, a friend told me that it seemed like the sort of new work Magic likes to do. So, I figured, what the hell.

I finished The Offsite a year ago, but despite that, I've sent it off to only one other local theatre (which didn't accept it). Another local theatre, City Lights Theatre Company in San Jose, does readings of new works, so I'm thinking I'll send a copy there as well.

In order to get a play produced, someone like me needs to send unsolicited copies to theatres. Preferably a lot of theatres. And I'm really not very good at doing that, which is why The Offsite has sat on my shelf for a year, unproduced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home